- strongly affirm the desire to remain a full, constituent part of the Anglican Communion and the desire for the Communion to remain a Communion.
- Takes back from the ACI/ACN/AAC the right to define what we mean in our own constitution and canons, after years of scholarly-sounding reinterpreting and proof-texting.
- Recognizes that the "key recommendations" of the last Primates meeting would harm the Episcopal church in a fundemental way and, contrary to the Primates perceptions, places the process of how to respond squarely where it belongs.
- Invites the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Primates Standing Committee to come to the Episcopal Church for prayer and consultation. Don't worry, guys, we'll pick up the tab.
- Explains in magnificent Jeffersonian detail why the Communique, the Key Recommendations and the Turbo-charged Covenant "process" is unacceptable.
- In that explanation, the Bishops directly confronts years of reappraisal by the reasserters .
In the meantime, all I can say is, "well done, Bishops, well done!"