Friday, December 29, 2006

Meanwhile, Back at the Parish...

I have taken a bit of a breather from blogging, and I'd thought I'd show you some of what my wonderful parish has been up to.

Over on the blog of my parish, Trinity Episcopal Church in Easton, PA, here is some of Advent and Christmas has been like:

Here is Wayne Sherrer's sermon for the third Sunday of Advent.

We had a wonderful Christmas pageant. Here are some pictures. I know more were taken. As I get them, I will add them to the slide show.

The Ark Soup Kitchen at Trinity Church normally serves on Saturdays, but we did a special Christmas Day meal for about 100 souls. Ditto the above...as more come in, I will add them to the slide show. I will also add pictures of our big Christmas party for our Soup Kitchen guests including a visit by St. Nicholas.

One of our young people went to the Province 3 Youth Network meeting. Jensen is an acolyte, member of the confirmation class, a lector, and our representative on the Diocese of Bethlehem Youth Council. Here is here account of the P3 Network meeting.

There are many more things I did not catch (I did not get one of those digital recorder do-dads for Christmas...oh, well!) to post and share with you: the wonderful worship this past month; the choir and organ music...including the premier of another fine anthem by our own Robert Olieman; the other outreach and more. There is so much to show of this faithful community of friends and apprentices of Jesus Christ who daily discover, share and live God's love.

No comments: